Elder Quinn wrote on 8/17/11...So now I'm going to talk about the most spirtual experience I have had at the MTC so far. So I doubt you guys know about the new curriculum for the TRC (Training Resource Center). It used to be people would come and pretend to be investigators and we would teach them as if they had no idea about the Gospel. Well this past Wednesday Elder Collingsworth came in with my Companion and I to teach a women because he didn't have a companion. So with the new type of teaching we are supposed to focus on teaching people (by listening to the spirit) and not lessons. So we began with asking her a lot of questions to get to know her and to learn her needs. Suddenly without anyone saying anything we all felt like she needed to lean about prayer.So we began sharing scriptures and teaching her about how answers to prayers can come. I read Moroni 10:3-5 and when I looked up she was crying. We kept teachering her and she kept getting more and more emotional. At the end of the lesson (keep in mind this is all in Russian) she asked us why we taught her about prayer. We said we didn't know, we just thought it would be something she would like to learn about.
At the end they fill out a sheet with notes about the lesson and we get to read them later that night. On the sheet it asks "Did you feel the Spirit" "Did you learn something new" "Did you feel that the missionaries got to know you" and "What are you going to do now that you have been taught" She answered in this order. Yes I felt it everytime they opened their mouths. Yes I learned that God does answer my prayers even if it seems like he doesn't. Yes the Missionaries knew things I did not tell them. And Now I am going to pray every chance I get. It was so cool to see that our lesson really did have an impact on her life. Because we do a lot of roleplaying and pretending to teach people it gets hard to remember to teach as the Spirit directs. It was a really cool experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment