Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog

ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

MTC...By The Numbers (Missionary Training Center)

I like numbers and I found this interesting.  I hope you will too.

Provo MTC by the Numbers:  2,443—Missionaries in the Provo MTC the day the New Era visited. The number ranges from 1,700 to 2,700.    4,300—The most missionaries the Provo MTC has had at one time.   3, 8, or 12—Weeks a missionary will spend in the MTC, depending on the language he or she is learning.    324—New missionaries who reported to the MTC the day we visited.     Between 200 and 500 arrive each Wednesday.   300—Average number of missionaries who participate in the MTC choir.   50—Languages taught at the Provo MTC, including Icelandic and Malagasy.   26—Languages MTC meetings are translated into for missionaries learning English as a second language.   2,700—Service people, including employees, service missionaries, and volunteers, who keep the MTC running.   15—The smallest number of missionaries in a branch. The most is 75.    40%—Percentage of investigators who call the Referral Center who then agree to have missionaries visit them.  25,000—The most calls the Referral Center has received in one week.



One of Chase's letters said:  There were 509 Missionaries that checked in on June 29th the second largest group ever. There were 20 Russian Speakers the largest Russian group ever. So that was really cool to learn. My district is below the sisters dorms and one night the fire alarm went off. Apparently a girl was straiting her hair and her straitner started to smoke. She was really lucky that it was before lights out because let me tell you I need my sleep. Some of my roomamtes make fun of the dark blue circles under my eyes. I feel like I am always tired. But we had a devotional speaker say if your not tired then you aren't being a missionary so I guess that means I'm being a pretty good one hahah.

No comments:

Post a Comment