Elder Chase Quinn's missionary blog

ELDER CHASE QUINN'S MISSIONARY BLOG by his mother Elaine

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"I love learning"







A few snippets from Elder Quinn's letter  6/27/11


I have begun reading "Jesus The Christ". It is such a cool book. I can barely put it down at night. All I want to do is read it. The district that was here before us is leaving next week and it's a nice wake up call that we will be leaving soon and we won't be having the safety of the MTC.


As far as our service assignment, every Monday morning we clean the same building at 6 in the morning. It's nice but sometimes I think the janitors make stuff up just so we stay busy. But it's nice to get up and work


So some one asked if I can change my computer to Russian alaphabet. I can its really easy on these computers because we do it a lot for our TALL lab. Apparently keyboards in Ukriane will have english letters because computers are an American thing so they just buy covers with the different letters on them. I keep forgetting to tell you how awesome my teachers are. Brother Doroshkin grew up in Russiauntil he was 5 then moved to the U.S. He converted to the church all by himself. He was interested in it read the Book of Mormon and prayed about it. Then he called the Missionaries and said Ï want to be baptized." He is an awesome guy. Then we have sister Hakes who is so nice. She got back from her mission like 2 months ago from Russia. She is a really good teacher and helps us understand the language. I't's crazy because in Russian you congugate every word practically. You can conjgate names too which is just crazy.


It sounded like the reunion was really fun. I'm jealous that I couldn't be there but I'm glad you all enjoyed yourselves. Melissa I'm glad the twins were sleeping well. I bet you loved to show them off at the reunion.  I hope you guys took a lot of pictures. Dave take the record time you got on the Alpine Slide at Park City and subtract 30 secs. I am sure I am much more aerodynamic then you are therefore increasing my speed. haha. Katie those stories you told me were really cool to hear I wish I could have gone on that family bus tour it sounded awesome


Well everyone just know that I love you all so much and miss you a lot but I wouldn't be anywhere else in the world then here at the MTC. Thank you all for your support.   Elder Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment